Subject: Re: UKNM: Frames and Search Engines
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:09:49 +0100

Ally Shuttleworth wrote:

> >As a whole we don't use frames on the sites that we build for the single
> >reason that it is very difficult to get a search engine to go through the
> >whole site properly.
>
> Someone who has a site, which is quite good, functions well etc. but is
> built using frames quite heavily.
>
> They say to you "we want to be higher in the search engines", after
> explaining to them about frames and search engines...what would you advise
> them to do?
>
> Re-build their site from scratch? Make do with the present site, and tweak
> other areas (metas etc.)?

rebuild.

unless your frames design is particularly pathological, it's easier than
doing it alter, by which time you will frames design will have become
pathological.

and you need all the help you can get, META tags are a little sideline,
not an alternative to having a site indexed properly

--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski 0370 67 70 58