Subject: Re: UKNM: Banners? Wot banners?
From: Sean Phelan
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:13:01 +0100

I've been told that the offline equivalent works very well too; some people
find it much quicker to simply pick up a newspaper or magazine from the
racks outside newsagents as they walk by, than to actually stop and pay for
them.

It is not, of course, the payment people are trying to avoid, it is the
delay in their busy schedules.

Getting back to the online version... do other people on this list perceive
the removal of banners as benign? I know I may be a little biased here, but
I regard it as cheating on the implicit contract that makes, and keeps,
quality content available for free.

Sean