Subject: Re: UKNM: Banners? Wot banners?
From: Robb Masters
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:52:26 +0100

OK, we've all heard of software like this before and it hasn't spelt the end of the banner ad yet. But supposing this does kill off banner ads, what then?
Well either, as the pessimists seem to think, the revenue streams for a whole bunch of sites will dry up and they'll have to charge for access or die. Or the loss of the banner ad will mean we'll all have to be much more creative about advertising on the web, for example via a more sympathetic form of sponsorship, rather than relying on the frankly rather tired 468x60 banner. Would that be *so* bad?

Regards,

Robb
==
Robb Masters, Head of New Media.
Gyro New Media, 1/9 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XD.
Tel: 0171 351 1550. Fax: 0171 351 3318. Mobile: 07880 788 833.