Subject: Re: UKNM: Tesco's token effort
From: Dan Leighton
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:42:14 +0100

token?

1. we haven't been to a supermarket since first using tescos about a
year ago.

(apart from that brief interval in the middle when they got some noncey
design agency to fuck up their system so it didn't work anymore - anyway
they changed back to the original design now so that's ok - shurley
another thread about screwing up good existing sites is in order
here...)

2. if you buy cat food like us (50 tins a time) and then work out how
many times you have to lift the half pound (lb not £) things between
supermarket shelf and larder (7 at last count) that's a lot of lifting
and carrying - tescos saved me hundreds on my chiropractor bill...

3. i am sure 'housewives', or homeworkers like me, don't give a monkey's
about an exact delivery time (unless their picking up the kids) - so
that's not a problem.

4. and £5 for delivery is just irrelevant in comparison to the time,
hassle and petrol bill.

5. is there a sad case out there who actually enjoys going to
supermarkets? in which case their market is anyone.

in years to come, i get the feeling we are going to look back on this
decision of tesco's to hive off their online business as one of the
turning points in the development of the new uk economy...

the day the big guys finally began to get it - big is not beautiful

(anybody from barclays on this list?)

cheers all

d.

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com