Subject: RE: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Glen Collins
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:31:56 +0100

What did we all think of the programme then?

I particularly liked the 3 chaps who were looking for £0.5m funding for a
mainstream, b2c & b2b renting & selling property web service, who stated in
a presentation to a VC that the £0.5m seed financing would fund all the
online and offline marketing / development.

I also enjoyed their exit route strategy which they discussed to the VC,
which was to go to IPO by the end of the year and then all get out of the
company at this point as they believed the bubble would burst by or near
this point. They didn't get funding from this VC.

I wonder how many of the startups out there share this purely short-term
gold rush view and how many are actually putting real thought into their
business plan after 2001?

The media love it. It's not surprising.

Be interested in other peoples thoughts on the programme.

Glen.
__________________________________
Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd
6 Melbray Mews
158 Hurlingham Road
London SW6 3NG
Tel: 020 7348 6610 (direct)
Fax: 020 7348 6601
Mob: 0777 589 4863
Web: www.digital-outlook.com

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com