Subject: RE: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Gary Pharo
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:09:08 +0100

Glen

I thought it was complete and utter garbage. Not only did I interrupt my
brand new Star Wars video to watch it (yeah sad ok), but after the program
ended I kinda wondered what it was all about.

There was no incite into any real reasons for supposed over-valuation and I
found the presenter to be the most obnoxious ****** I have had the
misfortune to view. Where did he get off with the "thats not original
comment" - what business truly is original these days? and how about the
classic "...so you're going to take 5 years to make a profit..thats not a
very good investment" comment. Why oh why does an institution like the BBC,
which with it's combined sites being the most popular destination in the UK,
not give these presenters some idea of the market and produce an informed
programme.

For me, all it did was give a couple of companies a free mini documentary
and quite a few others the only advertising they will ever get on the BBC!!
Oh and a chance to slate the Mirror. All the comments that were made could
be equally applied to any business sector - and ramping stocks has been
around since the very first IPO. Sensationalism gone mad would have been a
better title.

Just put me in a room with that presenter and a light sabre :)

Rgds
Gary

This rant is expressly my own personal view :)