Subject: Re: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Charles Linn
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:41:25 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Glen Collins <glenatdigital-outlook [dot] com>
To: <uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 10:36 AM

> What did we all think of the programme then?
>
> I particularly liked the 3 chaps who were looking for £0.5m funding for a
> mainstream, b2c & b2b renting & selling property web service, who stated
in
> a presentation to a VC that the £0.5m seed financing would fund all the
> online and offline marketing / development.
>
> I also enjoyed their exit route strategy which they discussed to the VC,
> which was to go to IPO by the end of the year and then all get out of the
> company at this point as they believed the bubble would burst by or near
> this point. They didn't get funding from this VC.

They got the money in the end though didn't they. It was interesting to see
how much their attitude had changed by the end of the programme, even to the
point of saying that they didn't think that the online bubble was going to
burst! Is it?

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com