Subject: UKNM: Ugh i'm mad (if everyone pays your invoices on time, ignore this)
From: Severina Publications
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:33:30 +0100

Hi all,

Boy am I mad!! (Not in an insane way [Insert Tim's funny comment here
heheh])

So here I am, trying to run a smallish business, 5 members of staff and me
doing all the credit control myself.

A guy registers a domain name, *I* pay for it up front and invoice him.
After 9 weeks he still hasn't paid the (7 day terms) invoice. 3 emails, 2
phone calls, numerous reminder letters.

So I send his account to Dun & Bradstreet, the debt collection agency, and
invoice him for the collection fees, as per our terms and conditions, and
the warngin on our invoices, and the contents of numerous ketters to him.

Today he phones up spitting blood.

How dare I send him to Dun & Bradstreet? (Erm I dare cos i'm a bad ass
babe!!)

He sent the cheque 3 days ago! (Yeah, and you said that last time you
didn't pay an invoice and it took me 15 weeks to get the money out of you-
and even if you did (which i doubt) send the cheque 3 days ago, it was still
9 weeks late!)

Do I know who he is? (erm, yes, some guy that doesn't pay invoices on time).

He'll never do business with me again! (No, please, stay with me, please
Mr, cos I really need customers that don't pay their invoices).

He's going to call up all the Net mags and expose me (I'm quite capable of
exposing myself, spesh after a few pints) (So you're gonna call all the net
mags and tell them that you don't pay your invoices??)

He's gonna join all the mailing lists I'm a member of and tell them what a
crap company I have (and presumably what a crap customer he is)

He's gonna phone the newspapers (wahey!! free publicity - all publicity is
good publicity, right?.....right?)

If I want a war I picked the right person (right person for a war, wrong
person to have as a customer)

And so on and so forth.

What amazes me is how stroppy some people can get when they haven't paid you
and you actually dare to try and get the money you are rightfully owed.

But once again Dun & Bradstreet will kick arse and he will be left with egg
on his face.

It annoys me that I get about 500 new customers a day (for domain names, not
design!! I wish!) and about 5% end up with D&B for not paying. Most of them
are cool about it and just pay up, but the odd one, like this guy, phone up
with their bully boy tactics, shouting the odds and threatening to ruin my
company. Christ, get a life dude!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest (oh no, exposing myself again
<g>)

Nikki Pilkington
Severina Publications
Because Internet Marketing Is More Than Just Great Design
http://www.severina.co.uk infoatseverina [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:infoatseverina [dot] co [dot] uk)
Tel: +44 (0)1327 871093 Fax: +44 (0)1327 871907
ICQ: 9330127

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com