Subject: RE: UKNM: Free Wine
From: Sarah Clelland
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:35:33 +0100

I'll be withholding judgement until my
wine turns up (or fails to show).

I must say though, it really irks me that a
business goes to the trouble and expense of
a marketing ploy like this, with a site that
throws up error messages. It's totally unnecessary -
their developer should have been on the case and
provided messages saying 'Sorry, we're very busy'
or words to that effect. OK, so this message might
not make you feel any better when a bottle of free
vino is dangling just beyond your reach, but at least
it shows that they were prepared, with a properly
developed website.

I'd be very interested to know how much it
cost madaboutwine to do this - is it really that
cheap?

And can anyone tell me how you set about projecting
the take-up of a viral campaign like this?

Sarah Clelland
www.snowvalley.com
020 7250 1056