Subject: RE: UKNM: "cybersquatter"
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:25:05 +0100

yep, I remember the "planned" launch of all those new top level domains such
as .web, .store, .arts etal...

It was going to happen sometime in early 1999! I think everything is on
hold at the mo following the busting of the Network Solutions monopoly on
top level domains...

But from what I've heard and seen (on news.com and other places), new names
could happen later this year!

But alas, even then it is not going to solve the problem of squatters, it
just means more names to contend with and more issues to face. Should a
generic sounding name such as United.web go to United Airlines or some SME
business called United Consulting????

Guess it will be a matter of first come first served.

Leslie

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com