Subject: Re: UKNM: More Realism on TV
From: Alex Tanner
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:56:12 +0100

Tim... I was sad enough. And I agree... absolute rubbish, both from a
journalistic and production angle (so that's my TV career done for). I
think this also brings about a debate on the nature of modern journalism...
the sensationalist viewpoint builds both audience and is basically easier
for a journalist to produce (why bother doing the research eh?)

However, I have noticed a difference in attitude between those journalists
who write full time on new media (who largely have their feet on the
ground) and those that don't, who seem to have an axe to grind because
they're not involved in a startup/have missed out on the IPO boom. IMHO
it's sad, unprofessional and immature.

When the guys on the nationals crow about the dotcom bubble bursting
(thereby forcibly reducing market confidence which is in essence all any
market responds to) don't they realise that it's their pension
fund/endowment/any financial investment that is also being adversely
affected?

Alex Tanner
Editor
New Media Creative

>OK, so who was sad enough to stay up and watch (and/or tape) that 30
Minutes
>'report' on ITV last night? I knew what I was in for - but couldn't resist.
>
>Hmm. I wonder if they would be kind enough to broadcast *my* corporate
video
>next time around...
>
>Tim Ireland
>www.designercity.com
>www.buymybook.co.uk

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com