Subject: Re: UKNM: Search engine promotions
From: Jamie Unwin
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:20:07 +0100

>And I have a copy of FrontPage, so why on earth would I ever high a Web
>design agency?

I often wonder....... Personally I would actually hire a good designer who
had worked with the web before, some good technical contractors (who I
have previously worked with), outsouce well defined units or modules and
someone inhouse to manage the whole thing.

Having worked on both sides of the fence, I would only outsouce a whole web
site if (a) it was small and the objectives were clear or (b) I wanted a
really cool funky little site in which case I would go to some one like
Lateral or Kleber who are much more creativly led.

Jamie Unwin : jamieatnml [dot] guardian [dot] co [dot] uk : http://www.guardian.co.uk
The Guardian : 3-7 Ray Street, London, EC1R 3DJ : Tel. 0171 713 4469
jamieatjamie [dot] net : http://www.jamie.net : http://www.poke.com