Subject: Re: UKNM: Web Usage Stats
From: Daniel Bambach
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:42:14 +0100

Robb,
>You said:
>No, no, no - you don't lose anyone, that my point. Losing (read:
>rejecting, alienating, etc.) part of your target audience is a bad
>idea. But that doesn't mean compromising your site, or ignoring
>the potential of new technologies.

I agree completely Rob. My point was I don't think browser stats play
much bearing on -anything- and never have, except as an indicator of the
ubiquity of the newer web technologies. If browser stats also
included a list of plugins in use in those browsers they
would be more useful.

Browser stats are just not a useful marketing statistic. (because, as you say
you shouldnt be eliminating any of your potential audience ayway, they just
show you what flashy bits you -can- incorporate)

Daniel Bambach
mob: 0958 341 258
fax: 0181 588 3634
danmanatomniscience [dot] co [dot] uk