Subject: Re: UKNM: UK Ad Agencies
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:33:41 +0100

<RANT>
Well I'm at an ad agency and I'm happy to talk. I'm not sure I can
offer limitless money and loads of work, but I'm always happy to hear
from anyone with anything interesting to talk about.

Tragically, I get about 50 calls per week from morons who've done
absolutely no research into what we do. I waste an unconscionable
portion of my working life explaining to people that media agencies buy
media, creative agencies commission sites and there is fuck all point in
coming to me when you've just spent six months trying to sell direct to
my client and you've finally been given the brush off.

In about a year of this, approximately six people have had anything
relevant to say. They get regular free lunch and have a relationship
that means, when work comes up, they get it.

The thought of someone passing my name on to some poor guy whose just
trying to keep his call rate up fills me with mortal dread.

The reason I'm here is to avoid that.

Lunch awaits.

<END RANT>

--
--------------------------------
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately ascribed to

Tim Hayward
Digital Media Strategist
HHCL + P
Kent House,