Subject: RE: UKNM: Repurposing text
From: Giles Turnbull
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:20:33 +0100

Carol wrote:

> Does anyone know of either any applications, or of any agencies, for
> repurposing fairly large quantities of Quark Express (and possibly
> Pagemaker) files into something more like HTML?

I dimly remember talking to someone from Associated New Media at the launch
of This is Money. He said they had a package (built in-house, I think) that
took pages ready-made for the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, etc, and did a
"whizz-bang" on them (his phrase) to put them in an HTML template. Or
something like that.

He said nothing about those pages coming from Quark or Pagemaker, but you
never know.

Of course this could all be a figment of my imagination, but I'm pretty darn
sure that's what he said.

Memory like a fish, that's my problem.

- Giles