Subject: RE: UKNM: Dreamcast vs Playstation
From: manou
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:04:34 +0100

Mat wrote:

| I think the Dreamcast has a lot to offer, the opening range of games already
looks impressive and easily outstrips the meagre offerings Sony gave us when it
launched the Playstation.

Mat: I am sure Dreamcast has much to offer. But we - as consumers - need to do
is compare the initial games offered by Dreamcast with what Playstation 2 WILL
offer, not what the original Playstation offered. Compare apples to apples.
Playstation 2 will be as potent and as powerful as Dreamcast - and with the many
software developers that have an existing relationships with Sony - the games
will be just as impressive as Dreamcasts'. You wouldn't compare the games
offered on Super Nintendo with those offered on Nintendo 64...finally...these
machines were ALL over priced. I paid $149 six years ago for my Super
Nintendo...and, Sony is doing the right thing by dropping the price of the
Playstation 1...if Playstation 2 allows you to play Playstation 1 games...that
can only mean more kiddies telling Dad that it makes sense to buy 'Playstation
2'...as they can play games they have bought for Playstation 1...which Dad will
recall paying 70 for in October...before Chrismo...

Manou Marzban
BiblioTech
VP Marketing & Public Relations
50 Carnwath Rd. London SW6 3EG