Subject: Re: UKNM: Branding Hell...
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:26:37 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Crockart (Hyperlink plc) <gregathyperlink [dot] com>
To: <uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com>
Sent: 11 August 1999 16:31

> Sam,
>
> On the domain name issue, I couldn't agree more. It is especially
> difficult now that around 3,500 choice .co.uk domains have dissapeared
> into the Fun Mail bag. Not too sure if there is any special arrangement,
> but there are a number of very good .co.uk domains in there that could
> have been used for new start-ups.
>
> Greg

I know a certain someone who will most definitely have commented on this
already, but I must point out that:

1. There are over 4 million words in the English language (not counting
brand and business names).
2. Funmail is fun, free and brings joy to *well* over 3,500 people, would
you prefer these names were reserved for 3,500 'entrepreneurs?
3. I didn't see *any* brown paper envelopes addressed to Nominet, the
suggestion of a 'special arrangement' sours your point.

©©

Tim Ireland
Senior Copywriter
DESIGNERCITY LIMITED