Subject: Re: UKNM: Monkeying Around in the jungle.com
From: Geoff Inns
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:36:46 +0100

Steve Bennett of Software Warehouse is behind it. Bit of an empire
builder - launched PC Advisor a few years ago as he saw how much money some
of the publishers were making. Found publishing not to his taste and sold
the magazine for huge profit.

I know SWWH are looking to selling software by download as opposed to mail
order, and I would be surprised if this is not involved within Jungle. SWWH
have a lot invested in retail (even though they get the majority of their
biz through mail order) and this is the same business with a few more goods
being funnelled through the interactive channel. Protecting yet expanding
his markets.

Why he needs VC interest is beyond me - SWWH could well afford £10 million.
Still - nicer to gamble with someone else's cash...

Geoff Inns
Business Development Manager
Guardian Unlimited