Subject: Re: UKNM: Search Engine Registration
From: Neil Durrant
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:47:15 +0100

Interesting feedback, even if it hurts when one of your projects is
criticised - but am interested in your opinions.

Whilst trying not to get too defensive.......

Firstly the site is free (even if you do have to put up with at least one
automatic newsletter before you unsubscribe)

Secondly how long would it have taken you to source those directories and
submit yourself - a lot longer than the 5 minutes or so it did with
FreeSubmit.

Personally if I'm submitting a new site, the top international engines are
done by hand but the UK specifics can generate additional if limited traffic
and the service is their to help get the job done quickly.

Surely if it gets the job done in less time, even if you do have to navigate
your browsers back button each time, it's still a useful tool?

I'll await a formal apology when you get your first few new visitors as a
result of the service *grin*.

Finally the comment on altavista failing is not actually part of the
FreeSubmit script - its processed automatically by the search engine you
submitted to. I'm hoping that they have actually disabled this feature as
potentially it could create spamming problems and if they do reinstate I
will drop it from the script immediately as it could potentially do more
harm than good.

There not too defensive was it?

Neil Durrant
www.FreeSubmitUK.com
www.AffiliateMarketing.co.uk
www.Affiliate-Announce.com

BTW Richard was kind enough to plug the site - I didnt initiatae any kind of
pitch here. But the publicity's welcome ;)