Subject: RE: UKNM: Most trafficked sites?
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:48:03 +0100

'er, but isn't the reason why they have MSN and other associated Microsoft
sites at the top is 'cos MSN/Microsoft is the default home page for IE users
and most people don't change their default browser, so hence everytime
someone goes online Microsoft will come top of the pops!

It's rather like if everytime IE came with fox.co.uk or sky.com as its
default then this would be the top of the list

What is more important is not so much of who is the top site in terms of
traffic but how much time do people spend on that site. Is it better to have
20 million impressions if the average time spent on the site is 5 minutes or
is it better to have one million impressions if the average time spent is 30
minutes.... methinks, we shouldn't be obsessed as to who have the biggest
amount of traffic, rather we should start getting obsessed on the issue of
how much time do people spend on a site and what can we do to improve the
sites to help users spend even more time on them!

Leslie

Leslie Bunder, Content Partner Manager
Entranet
Email: Leslie [dot] Bunderatentranet [dot] co [dot] uk
Tel: 07799 710831