Subject: UKNM: Excerpt: Sterne's WWW Marketing, 2nd Ed.
From: Jeremy L. Hart
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 11:32:25 +0000 (GMT)

I have permission from John Wiley & Sons to distribute an excerpt from Jim
Sterne's new book, "World Wide Web Marketing, 2nd Edition." Sterne is
well-known to online marketing veterans as someone who is not afraid to
speak his mind. Who else would criticize web-darling Federal Express for
burying their airbill tracking box three pages into the site? Love him or
hate him, Sterne gets read.

The excerpt I'm distributing is called "The Future of Marketing." It's an
absolutely riveting look at how the Internet blurs boundaries between
business categories: how bookstores and TV stations and accounting firms
suddenly find they are competing with each other. The excerpt covers such
topics as the use of intranets, extranets, and the latest craze: the
vortex. And it contains the requisite dose of Sterne's rapier wit.

To get the excerpt from "World Wide Web Marketing, Second Edition" (John
Wiley & Sons), please send jhartattenagra [dot] com (mailto:jhartattenagra [dot] com) with the subject line,
"Send Sterne" and I'll reply with a text file. If you'd like to meet Jim
Sterne in-person, a list of his speaking engagements is located at:

http://www.targeting.com/upcoming.html

Thanks,

Jeremy Hart
jhartattenagra [dot] com