Subject: RE: UKNM: Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....
From: Steve Johnston/IMRG
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 14:27:45 +0000 (GMT)

Jenny Lomax said:
>But you are weren't, were you, Jim?
>
>... and this is also assuming that, if you, being this young girl, in this
>male dominated household, were also not allowed any contact with any other
>females in your growing years, without schooling, etc...
>
>... or just grew up in a box with a bag over your head.
>
>This is one of the funniest things I have read all day.

I fear to tread here, but...

Is it that today's 13 year old girls are subject to less competition about
when they start their periods, and are therefore more inclined to admit
ignorance in the face of them? The women I know of my generation - mid
thirty year olds - all seem to have some sort of horror story about
anxieties, ignorance, lack of openness and teasing etc. etc., from when
they were faced with the beginning of their periods. Is it so inconceivable
that Jim's defence of animations demonstrating the use of 'winged'
thingamajigs is soundly justified in the name of
just-in-case-nobody-else-is-takeing-care-of-this.

Having said that, I will happily defer to contemporary understanding of the
need for the marketing of this type of product to educate its consumers.

Phew, did I get out unscathed?

Steve Johnston
Director of Development
The IMRG

www.imrg.org
07000 46 46 74

Please respond to uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com
> If I were a young girl, raised by my father
> in a household of brothers, I think I might
> disagree.

But you are weren't, were you, Jim?

.. and this is also assuming that, if you, being this young girl, in this
male dominated household, were also not allowed any contact with any other
females in your growing years, without schooling, etc...

.. or just grew up in a box with a bag over your head.

This is one of the funniest things I have read all day.

Jenny Lomax
Senior Account Manager

www.sensei.co.uk