Subject: Re: UKNM: Significant Event of the Year
From: Steve Bridger
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:27:01 GMT

A few more suggestions ...

Sajid Mohammed wrote:
> * Release of the Joanne Woodward verdict on the Internet first which
> messed up badly as I recall (that was this year wasn't it?)

- still on the other side of the Atlantic, the release of the Starr
Report simultaneously on the Web was a watershed, as was the video
search of his testimony on Alta Vista - or was the Grand Jury sponsored
by Compaq = )

http://www.thestandard.com/articles/display/0,1449,1676,00.html?related.1449

- Bill Clinton and Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern signing a joint US-Irish
communique on e-commerce using digital signatures in the summer.

- and to a lesser degree, Children in Need raising £250k over a few days
last month prove a important event for this sector.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cin/

So, is anyone going to make some predictions for '99 - or are we going
to wait for Bill Gates to do that ... ?

Steve Bridger
redefine ltd
e: steveatredefine [dot] co [dot] uk