Subject: RE: UKNM: re: uknm: targetted email capaigns.
From: Simon Sherriff
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:47:07 GMT

I would suggest, that in the UK, the majority of users are not newsgroup aware, many of them being relatively new to the Internet. I would also argue that buying a list, and using it as a basis for a more permission based email list is an extremely cost effective way of marketing a new site. If an email is deleted straight away, or kept, used, and read must depend on the initial impact of the title. I am extremely sceptical of using banners. There are just too many of them around, and certainly when I'm navigating the web, I tend to ignore them !

Simon Sherriff