Subject: UKNM: SMS Location based Sales
From: Rebecca Rabin
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:43:33 GMT

The ZagMe trial at Lakeside Thurrock was done by SpotFlash (backed by
Carphone Warehouse). However, it wasn't a location based service as
shoppers had to subscribe to ZagMe by SMS when they were in the centre and
then tell them how many hours they were planning to be in the centre for -
hardly location based. You are right that real location based services are
not yet possible and are likely to be impacted by the Data Protection Act.

You can get more info on wireless marketing from the Wireless Marketing
Association, whose members include SpotFlash and also Flytxt, who did an SMS
campaign at the recent Smash Hits concerts.

http://www.wirelessmarketing.org.uk

Rebecca

Rebecca Rabin
Mantra Public Relations