Subject: Re: UKNM: clearing systems
From: Paul Gill
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:14:43 GMT

At 05:57 PM 2/8/99 -0000, you wrote:
>I am familiar with Worldpay, Datacash and Barclay's ePDQ but anyone know of
>any other online credit card clearers, and, most importantly, has anyone had
>any experiences they would care to share. The rates these guys charge seems
>extortionate or am I just poor. Do they earn their money? If so, what value
>do they add? Strikes me that they offload all the risk onto the marketer and
>charge you for the privilege.
>James Bruce
>Managing Director
>WebWeaver Media Construction Ltd

[comment related to this and to James' previous post]

As it looks that you are building an e-commerce site of some sorts it would
be worth taking a look at Jacob Nielsen's latest column:

Why People Shop on the Web
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990207.html

Cheers,

Paul Gill
Project Manager, EMAP Online
paul [dot] gillatemaponline [dot] com
EMAP Online, Priory Court, 30-32 Farringdon Lane, London EC1R 3AW
t +44 (0)171 309 2707 | m +44 (0)7977 218 278
http://www.emaponline.com/