Subject: RE: UKNM: How much is enough
From: Julie Pearce
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:04:26 GMT

There are a number of considerations relating to bandwidth.

Overall people require more and more bandwidth, as you say. One of the
worst consequences is that you now have users waiting for slower servers ...

Not an answer, but I understand that there are calculations to assist you in
identifying how much bandwidth you need, these are :-

# of users
weight of pages
peak times

Most ISPs have fixed rates to host a server, irrespective of what it's
running. Actually, we're looking to set up some partnerships with ISPs so
that they can add value to their offering - giving clients the opportunity
to use Mediasurface through their hosted servers.

If this type of thing is of interest to you, or anyone else on the list,
drop me a line directly.

Cheers

Jules

julie pearce
marketing manager
email. julieatmediasurface [dot] com
HTTP://www.mediasurface.com
MEDIASURFACE :: ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT