Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: How much is enough
From: Jim Sterne
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:11:12 GMT

At 09:30 AM 2/17/99 , Charles Linn wrote:
>If this is the case, then do people have a target for how long users should
>spend per session browsing one of their sites (what's the X-factor ?), and is
>this the best measure of the quality of the content.

Here's where I prove I'm a consultant by trade: It Depends.

If I'm selling advertising space then more pageviews
is exactly what I want. If I'm selling a considered
purchase item, then the more "face time" I can get
the more likely I am to make the sale.

The issue is that people have different attention
spans for different subjects. If you can give them
more in that time frame (whatever it might be) then
you stand a better chance to achieve your goals.