Subject: Re: UKNM: Virgin on the Ridiculous
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:09:25 GMT

Steve Johnston/IMRG wrote:

> Virgin
>
> >From a man who is completely unwired and at a time when CEOs getting it
> could not be more important. Is the man unravelling himself ? Do they stand
> an earthly ?
>
> Full story at the BBC,
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/the_company_file/newsid_280000/28
> 0576.stm
> IMRG straw poll: http://www.imrg.org/survey/questions/virgin.htm
>
> Steve
> www.imrg.org

Interesting. especially with last night's events:
http://www.imrg.org/survey/questions/virgin.htm#story

However I'm curious as to who looked dumber? Branson or the IMRG?

IMRG post a (humourous? were those serious questions?) questionnaire,
get 50 responses, and then 'At 11am the IMRG's chief executive James
Roper e-mailed Mr Branson to alert him to the response and "offer to
work with Virgin to realise your stated mission." '

So you tell the guy that 50 of your mates said he was a twat, and then
pitch at him? Weirdest sales tactic I've seen in a long while.

And probably went straight in the bin with all the other crackpot mail
that the richardbransonatvirgin [dot] com or it's variants get.

The behaviour of that particular employee was pretty silly, but it
wasn't like you were acting professionally in the first place.

stefan

--
/**
Stefan Magdalinski 0370 67 70 58