Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] RE: Advertising to localised geographic region.
From: James Cridland
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:02:23 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Forster" <jforsteratvalueclick [dot] com>
> Does anyone have any advice on how to effectively market online to a
> geographic location in the UK right now beyond trying to limit by IP
> address- I have a client only wishing to reach people based in Birmingham.

I think you need to use those sites that have registered users and which
keep UK-regions as a demographic. We can provide different ad code for a
Midlander than a Londoner, for example, all on the fly. [Others might not be
capable of this.]

Alternatively, try websites for the local radio stations and press; we list
them all in our site at www.mediauk.com - you'll be wanting Galaxy 102,
Heart 100.7, and BRMB, plus the local papers.

Finally, some local papers (notably the freebie Metro) have a very high
'internetted' readership, and wouldn't represent total and complete wastage
like much off-line advertising for online stuff ends up being.

It wouldn't be beyond ValueClick's capabilities to add a "location=" code to
your advertising, so that you can ALWAYS offer this to your advertisers.

--
James Cridland, Editorial Director
MediaUK.com Ltd

Direct: mobile 0701 0701 618
ICQ: 15426614 MSN M/gr: james [dot] cridlandatmediauk [dot] com