Subject: Re: UKNM: Revolution's Top 100
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:39:32 GMT

Leverage the vanity of New Media people to create a net community under
your own control - and get other people to design and host it.

Wow!!!!

I wish I had that kind of effortless business acumen

Leslie Bunder wrote:

> Nick
>
> What I and a couple of others are planning to do with our Net League is
> seperate from what the folks at Revolution have done.
>
> Net League will be a league of names and based on the number of mentions
> you get in "new media" media eg: NMA, Revolution, Internet Magazine,
> Internet.Works etc,
>
> I guess this list is based on pure profile and nothing else.
>
> Also, if like me you have seen press cuttings agencies they don't always
> find what you are looking for! And also, if there are say five or six
> publications, then one person can be responsible for one, so that it
> becomes a group effort, rather than just one indivusual who does not
> have all the time in the world!
>
> Of course, the list is also meant to be taken with a sense of humour and
> offer some light relief.
>
> So far there have been a number of folks keen to host it for gratis
> which is very kind and maybe there might even be someone who could
> design the site as well.
>
> regards
>
> Leslie
> Leslie Bunder, technology writer
> Teletext on the Web
> e-mail: LBunderatteletext [dot] co [dot] uk
> tel: 0171 386 3667 (UK) +44 171 386 3667 (outside UK)
> mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
> web: www.teletext.co.uk
> post: 101 Farm Lane, Fulham, London SW6 1QJ, UK

Tim Hayward. Digital Media Strategist. HHCL + P.
Kent House,14-17 Market Place, Gt Titchfield St,
London, W1N 7AJ. Tel +44-171-915-7579.

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market
it captures after the first six months. People will
soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night".
- Darryl F. Zanuck, head of 20th Century-Fox, 1946

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home.
- Kenneth Olsen, president of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.