Subject: Re: UKNM: RE: Top 100 new Media people
From: Phil Gyford
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:42:34 GMT

At 10:52 27/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>I agree with everyone's comments that the idea of measuring someone's
>significance in the market by the amount of press coverage they get is
>flawed, but surely it would be constructive to apply more thinking of
>alternatives and less sarcasm...?

Why do we need alternatives? Why do we need any methods of ranking people
in any kind of chart to measure their supposed significance? There are 101
more useful and worthwhile projects to which people with skills and
resources could put their minds and time.

Phil

>Or am I just too darn nice for this business?
>
>Kirsty Race
>Media Planner/Buyer
>Walker Media
>0171 447 7513

Phil Gyford
http://www.gyford.com / philatgyford [dot] com
w:0171.766.6491 / h:0171.622.9058 / m:0850.958.299
Deputy Editor, Capital Interactive / http://capitalinteractive.com