Subject: UKNM: RE: was toys r us...
From: cait hurley
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:47:54 GMT

It would seem apparent to me that all (at least a very large percentage) of
these big High street retailers that people assume are quaking in their
boots in the shadow of Amazon et al will be as we speak, working out what
are probably the final parts of their Net strategies, which they have been
carefully working out for the last year/two years.

I mean, wouldn't you want to make sure your brand, that known and beloved
by a whole nation, did the right thing online, and not some cobbled
together load of old nonsense that needs a complete re-design in less than
three months.

?
..and as if you needed telling, Amazon's shares haven't exactly been
blazing a trail since xmas.