Subject: UKNM: Re: UKNM Local Focus Sites
From: sally krumholz
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:13:27 GMT

In terms of integrating general info about the city and local vendor
reviews, IMHO the city guides do a fair job of it. Check out:

CitySearch - http://www.citysearch.com
MSN Sidewalk (although I believe this has now been sold to CitySearch) -
http://www.sidewalk.com
Digital City - http://www.digitalcity.com

CitySearch I do know goes around to local vendors and sells them templated
pages and advertising space. They also do reviews (some paid for) and
mention some vendors in their features.

Yahoo also has some local city guides but in the US only I fear. And some
of the larger sites have a local thrust but lacking small advertisers.
Example: http:///www.about.com

Good luck,

Sally