Subject: Re: UKNM: Internet Loyalty Schemes
From: Ken Cowley
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:32:22 GMT

The point I was making was that it isn't a loyalty or sales promotion scheme
but a way of triggering certain activity while at a site. Your 50% is paying
for something that might make a difference at the margin to how many people
fill in your registration form/click on your 'product news' page. Don't know
how realistic it is. I didn't buy it. There should be stats available from
their customers now - 'navigation route on average before beenz/after beenz'
demonstrating that yes indeed, 'more visitors went straight to registration
once we put beenz on that link'.

I agree that perceived value of reward should be higher than the promoter
pays. I remember doing a (real, not Internet world) reseller incentive where
the manufacturer pitched in cheap goods. That's the spirit.