Subject: RE: UKNM: RE: Ideaz
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:46:52 GMT

'ordinary' people getting together very ably...<<<<

...under the command of decisive, proactive individuals. Often to go off
and fight the indirect results of other decisive, proactive individuals
with lower moral standards. Business is war, and all that.

dotcom world is [ping]<<<<

My rant against mediocrity was not a championing of the Ayn-Randian
megalomaniac - such people are usually as mediocre as the masses, it's
just that they're scared to appear so, and thus shout loudest. Nobody
dares to challenge them, they build up a reputation, and then we all
listen to them and say nothing contrariwise for fear of appearing
off-message. The root of the problem is that style is always more
persuasive than substance. As marketers this is our job - to generate
style. It doesn't matter what the content is. There might be no content at
all.

It's the difference between being smart, and giving the impression of
being smart. Of being a normal sane human being, and giving the impression
of being a normal sane human being. You can't learn to be creative; but
you can learn to give the impression that you are creative. In a world
that can't tell the difference, you get a lot of bluffers. I am one
myself. I am convinced that 'American Psycho' is an accurate portrayal of
the corporate mindset.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/