Subject: ADMIN: Important List Server Updates
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:33:42 -0000

Hello All...

This is just a quick email to let you know about a few important changes to
the way the uk-netmarketing list runs. We've moved the list to a new server,
which will be a lot quicker, and more importantly, make it dead easy for
anyone wanting to join or leave the list. Here's a quick blow-by-blow
account of what'll change.

Don't worry, it's nothing drastic...

## SUBSCRIBING ##
- joining the list is also easier, aside from the web interface, you can
join by sending a blank email to:
Email: subscribe-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:subscribe-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com)
Web: http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing

## UKNM DIGESTS ##
- uk-netmarketing-digest will now be sent out once per day when there's been
an email, so it'll be much more regular than it has been in the past. If the
single messages are getting too much for you, just send a blank email to
digest-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com and you'll be switched to digest, easy
huh? The digest format will change slightly, we'd love to hear your comments
on this...
Switch to or subscribe to digest: digest-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:digest-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com)

## UNSUBSCRIBING ##
- leaving the list is a lot easier, naturally we don't want you to go, but
if you do, there is a personalised email address at the bottom of every
message. Send a blank email to the address at the bottom of each email and
you'll be zapped from the list, better still it'll work even if your email
is forwarded. You can also unsubscribe by sending a blank email to
Email: unsubscribe-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:unsubscribe-uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com)

## HTML and Email Attachments ##
- HTML emails or emails with attachments will not be posted on to the list.
We have to edit these by hand to remove the HTML, etc. which slows us and
the list down. If you can send your email in plain text it would be much
appreciated. We are working on a solution that will do this automatically
but it's a little way off at the moment. Please bear with us.

## EMAIL ADDRESSES ##
- some people using email re-directing services such as another.com may have
problems posting to the list as they post from email addresses which are
different from the ones they subscribed with. If you are having problems the
easiest solution is to unsubscribe (using the personalised link) and
re-subscribe from your email address. The server will take care of names and
email addresses

## EMAIL FILTERING ##
- you'll also notice that the UKNM: at the start of each message, has
changed to [uk-netmarketing], if you do have email filters using this, you
may need to update them, sorry.

## REPLYING TO MESSAGES ##
- the new list server adds the unsubscribe message on to the bottom of each
email, so when you're replying to a message, you don't need to include
this...in fact, it's better if you only include the bits of text you're
actually replying to. There is a maximum number of quoted lines that the
server will accept.

## UKNM WEEKLY ROUNDUP ##
- we're producing a weekly round-up of uk-netmarketing, an extended version
of the column that appears in NMA each week, which you can get via email.
It's called uknm-roundup and you can subscribe by sending a blank email to
subscribe-uknm-roundupatchinwag [dot] com or using the form at:
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/roundup.shtml#subscribe

## ANY PROBLEMS? ##
- any other problems...and we hope there won't be many, drop an email to
helpatchinwag [dot] com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Email: helpatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:helpatchinwag [dot] com)

## THANKS ##

We hope you like the new server...thanks for your co-operation. If you have
any queries or comments, please let us know. There may be a few minor bits
we've overlooked, so if anything looks weird to you, let us know.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Sam Michel, Chinwag - Internet Community
e: samatchinwag [dot] com http://www.chinwag.com
t: 0870 730 7313 f: 0870 730 7312

Seminars? Exhibitions? Networking events? Get our
new weekly events calendar by email:
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml

Weekly round-up of uk-netmarketing discussion via email:
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/roundup.shtml