Subject: [uk-netmarketing] Spambot on the loose in the archives
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:08:25 -0000

I would guess that this twat has a spambot digging through the web looking
for pages that list a number of search engines and have an email address
(and/or a mailto command) adjacent.

> Hi!
>
> I have just visited your site
http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/archive/archive-jun-2000/msg00466.sht
ml and liked
> it very much, especially your list of international search engines.
>
> Here is another search engine for your page:
>
> Multimeta: (http://www.multimeta.com/)

The post at the quoted URL isn't mine, but the content mentions at least 4
different search engines and has my email address in the "From: Tim Ireland"
bit.

I don't know how often this is going to happen, but I'd like to say the
following just in case:

Alta Vista, HotBot, Yahoo, Google, Lycos, Excite, Ask Jeeves.
spamrecycleatChooseYourMail [dot] com (mailto:spamrecycleatChooseYourMail [dot] com)

Tim Ireland
Director of Marketing
www.designercity.com