Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] RE: Piece of string question
From: Anna Perrin
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:01:21 -0000

The Ikea metaphor of dumped "impulse" purchases is exactly the kind of
mistake Buystream looks to rectify in dotcoms.
Offline stores have spent years and huge amounts of money to identify their
target market and understand customer behaviour. Similarly Buystream's
software analyses visitor behaviour and looks deep into the site for
potential roadblocks or threats that may prevent a visitor from completing a
sale.

Some companies use technology to be cool, and have no idea about the
repercussions on its visitors. Boo learned a lesson from this. Users
interact with a site through a lens, which can be their browsers, plug-ins,
connection speeds. All of these things affect the experience, the behaviour
and, in turn, purchasing. If your site is built in Flash, automatically
around 20% of your visitors will never make a purchase. That's like putting
a height restriction on a store door.

Anna Perrin
Flapjack Communications
Tel: 020 7224 4554