Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Short Email Disclaimers
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:53:51 -0000

Good question. And one that haunts me when I'm trying to chop some of the
reptitive stuff from UKNM messages. It'd be great if folks on the list
restricted their email signatures to 4-5 lines, but sadly this isn't the
case. I try to keep as much of the info, particularly contact info in there,
but some of the disclaimers are very long (Entranet being a prime offender).

So, one for all the legal folks out there...are email disclaimers worth the
screen their typed on? I remember a long time ago, when I used to run gig
venues that similar disclaimers on tickets and cloakrooms where pretty much
worthless. From my perspective it'd be handy to know whether I can chop out
disclaimers without worrying about it.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Sam Michel, Chinwag - Internet Community
e: samatchinwag [dot] com http://www.chinwag.com
t: 0870 730 7313 f: 0870 730 7312