Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Blind Readers
From: Edward Cowell
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:44:39 -0000

Silas

It just happens that we have had to research just this sort of thing for a
client of ours recently. An excellent resource is the WAI web accessibility
initiative. You can get more info from http://www.w3.org/WAI/ links to lots
of readers and testing sites etc.

Someone earlier mentioned the Disability Act ,is there any other pending
legislation that may make access a requirement for sites? We had heard the
AOL got sued in the states for not ALT tagging images, is this true or not?

And to qoute Tim Berners-Lee "The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."

Teddie

Neutralize (*\*)
Independent Online Marketing Services
T: +44 (0)1209 210910