Subject: UKNM: FHM Advertising
From: Sam Michel
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:57:57 +0100

Hello All,

I noticed a reference in New Media Age to FHM advertising appearing on a
children's website. I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more made
of this. Not wanting particularly to highlight this specific snafu, but in
general are media owners paying attention to the ads which are delivered
alongside their content, particularly when they're being sold as part of a
network.

I was also a little surprised that the IAB hasn't commented on this, or
even suggested that the UK new media industry put it's house in order - I
don't know if the ASA standards apply to online, I guess they do, in which
case surely this contravenes them? If nothing else, it seems like a missed
PR opp. for the IAB.

Comments anyone?

Toodle Pip

Sam