Subject: Re: UKNM: Scoot
From: Kevin Rice
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:57:13 +0100

At 13:18 23/07/98 +0100, you wrote:

The Scoot guys came to see us last January. I wouldn't want to claim that
they "lied" but the benefits that they described have certainly failed to
materialise. That's right, following a very professional sales pitch I
reached for the cheque book and signed up, before other training companies
knicked all the good slots!

Since then I would say, that on average, our phone lines have been
"slammed" by a "whopping" 2 calls a month from Scoot users!, none of whom
were looking for Internet training, all of whom wanted to train for either
Win95 or MS Office!

Of course no advertising can guarantee a return and so the above may sound
a little like "sour grapes", but I've also been very disappointed with
Scoot's web site (I hope it wasn't designed by any of you lot, otherwise
I'm about to put my foot in it!). From using it myself I've discovered many
incorrect/out-of-date telephone numbers and broken or miss-directed links.
Also if you sort suppliers by location you frequently get companies listed
as being within say a 2-mile radius of central London when their address
and phone number are in Yorkshire or something! (I was going to give a real
life example at this point, but unfortunately the Scoot web server is not
responding to my browsers requests!)

end

>We had a sales guy from Scoot come in on Monday to try to sell us premium
>space on their directory. One thing he mentioned was that ASDA found their
new
>agency through Scoot and were oh so happy.
>
>Of course, you can never trust sales people, so we had to check.
>
>Anyone else had Scoot sales guys telling little white lies?
>
>--
>Trevor May
>trevoratre-flex [dot] com
>
>7 Ransome's Dock http://www.re-flex.com/
>Parkgate Road Tel: +44 (0)171 801 0171
>London SW11 4NP Fax: +44 (0)171 801 0181

Kevin Rice
Connexity Limited - Internet training solutions

http://www.connexity.co.uk

kevinatconnexity [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:kevinatconnexity [dot] co [dot] uk)
0171 828 7450 - phone
0171 828 7455 - fax