Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Banner ads ...
From: Kevin Rice
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:50:10 +0100

At 14:17 30/07/98 +0100, Nick Gilbert wrote:

>I have done my fair share of newsgroup posting, and while I find it a fantastic way to
>increase traffic, I'm not sure how easy it is to prove it works.
>
>Interested to hear your views,
>
>Nick Gilbert
>Business Development Director
>NewsNow Publishing Ltd
>
>http://www.newsnow.co.uk

One way is to use a decoy web page, for example
"www.yourdomain.co.uk/main". This page would actually be blank and would
contain an instruction to instantly redirect hits to
"www.yourdomain.co.uk". As long as you only tout the /main url in
newsgroups then impressions recorded for this page should acurately reflect
the responses that have been generated. Of course the accuracy will
probably degenerate over time as the url penetrates ever deeper into the
Internet jungle and may become known to users who have never visited
newsgroups, but then you can't have everthing.........can you?)
Kevin Rice
Connexity Limited - Internet training solutions

http://www.connexity.co.uk

kevinatconnexity [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:kevinatconnexity [dot] co [dot] uk)
0171 828 7450 - phone
0171 828 7455 - fax