Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Banner ads ...
From: Felix Velarde
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:50:18 +0100

way back in the old days ;) when we launched the Snickers(R) MegaBite
web site we did the launch purely on-line through one-to-one
webmaster comms, newsgroup postings and listserv notices - traffic
went from zero to 140,000 page calls per week over nine weeks. There
was no traditional (off-line) PR until week nine, when the figures
got nebulous, and the url didn't appear on ads or wrappers until nine
months after that. That is about the clearest case study we've ever
had from the on-line PR point of view, and was a fundamental driver
when we set up Underwired Ltd in 1996. No idea if such an old case
works, but the client was overjoyed!

On 30/7/98 I read:

>On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Matteo Berlucchi wrote:
>
>> Alternative web marketing strategies are proving more
>> effective at building quality traffic (newsgroups posting,
>>partnerships,
>> etc.).
>
>Interesting point Matteo. One question though: how can you *prove*
>that
>newsgroup posting and partnerships are effective? I have done my fair
>share of newsgroup posting, and while I find it a fantastic way to
>increase traffic, I'm not sure how easy it is to prove it works.

Felix Velarde

Managing Director Head New Media

[ success is about interaction ]
[ voice + 44 (0) 171 737 7579 ]