Subject: Re: UKNM: Question on logs
From: Paul Sanders
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:37:58 +0100

>To me, registration is one of the biggest turn-offs you can put on the front
>page of a site, no matter how inviting the content therein.
>
>-Giles

We've had to introduce registration for the Bulletin Boards in the Knowhere
Guide, but only for posting. Reading (the act not the place) is not access
controlled.

Reactions have been nearly all positive - it increases a sense of
ownership, and more importantly introduces accountability. The few
negatives have been very strong though.

Just one experience no doubt among many.

Cheers

Paul

-
Paul Sanders - a member of the state51 conspiracy
http://www.state51.co.uk/
email: paulatstate51 [dot] co [dot] uk tel: +171 729 4343
state51, Rhoda Street, London, E2 7EF, UK