Subject: Re: UKNM: Internet advertising for food or drink brands / Poor site design
From: Ian Fenn
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 21:18:05 +0100

Tim Ireland wrote:
> PS - Didn't see any comment from you regarding the Yell awards - or did I
> miss something?

My parents taught me to be polite. :-)

Seriously though, I can understand why he beat me in the Best Personal
Site category - the editorial on his site was much more personal -
diaries of his garden, etc. I'm more hidden on Chopstix. I leave my team
of volunteer experts (including Ken Hom and Deh-Ta Hsiung) to get on
with most of it. You'll only really find me within the Chopstix
forums...

As for site of the year... Well, as the creator of Birds in a Cheshire
Garden said himself at the time... Are you sure that there hasn't been a
mistake? - I have to say I agree... During the award ceremony itself,
Yell said the site of the year gave some hint as to the future of the
web... Hmmm....

It should have gone to lastminute.com in my humble opinion... though I
think they have to be careful or be a victim of their own success...

Happy now? :-)

--
Ian Fenn
Producer, Chopstix - Chinese cookery on the web!