Subject: UKNM: RANT ALERT - shortsighted 'net' experts
From: rukhsana
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:37:40 +0100

Just to add to Nikki's ' rant' - yes we have come across the same 'short
sightedness' - we have worked on large database programs for clients like
BT very successfully with programmers who are not based in the office -
but were turned down for a project by a MUCH smaller organisation
because we didn't have the full techie team in-house.[?!]

It is short sightedness - but at the same time - the client is spending
their
hard earned money and needs to be assured. I am sure that there are
some experiences of proposals being turned down for 'smaller' reasons?

Anyone want to volunteer some?

Rukhsana

Rukhsana Yasmin
t. 020 7686 6884
f. 020 7686 6444
Olive Media: 8 Lysander Mews. Lysander Grove.London. N19 3QP
olivemedia.co.uk
oilzine.co.uk

> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:01:10 +0100
> From: "Severina Publications" <infoatseverinapublications [dot] co [dot] uk>
> Subject: UKNM: RANT ALERT - shortsighted 'net' experts
>

> OK, I'm mad - so if you don't want to listen to a Nikki rant, then delete
> this now :o)
>
> Still here?
>
> So it goes like this:
>
> Wednesday, 3pm: Phone call from local recruitment agency who dabbled in
> web design, got some big contracts, decided they couldn't do them and were
> looking for another local company to take them off their hands. Very nice
> lady that phoned, INSISTED that we had to go see them the same day as they
> were talking about giving us £30K of business. Finally Chris, our sales
> guy, managed to talk them into the fact that we couldn't drop everything
> to go and see them, but we'd be happy to fit them in the next day.
>
> Thursday, 5am: Nikki remembers she has breakfast meeting at 7am and gets
> out of bed.
>
> Thursday, 7am: Nikki goes to dullest networking breakfast meeting in
> history of breakfast meetings.
>
> Thursdya, 9am: Nikki & Chris go to see said company, who then spend three
> hours quizzing them about whether or not they're suitable for the client,
> whether Severina Publications can handle the projects, yada yada yada
>
> 3 hours later: Nikki & Chris leave with promise of business specs being
> faxed back that afternoon - could company have detailed breakdown of
> prices we can do job for by close of play. (Remember folks we're talking
> about 4 jobs here, worth about £10K each)

[Sam says: msg chopped...]

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036