Subject: RE: UKNM: big ISP news
From: Ben Thompson
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:37:07 +0100

Um, not quite what I've been told (and I would have thought I know).

However, until its official I'm not saying anything (except to Danny who
already knows).

Ben

Hello all.

If this is true, then it's a very bold move.
Is it confidence, or desperation?

<QUOTE>
Virgin Net to offer free Internet access:
Internet service provider Virgin Net is expected to announce tomorrow
that it is to offer free Internet access to all. The move will shake up
other
ISPs such as Demon and BT, who will be forced to adopt similar schemes
of their own to compete. Revenue will come from advertising and premium
services. (1/6)
</QUOTE>

Richard Houston
Consultant