Subject: Re: UKNM: big ISP news
From: Mike Butcher
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:03:47 +0100

We'll be carrying a story on Virgin's announcement in this week's issue,
which goes to press tonight. That is if anyone has any faith left in new
media journos ;)

Anyone got a spare UKP10,000 to take advantage of the deal...?

Mike

>At 13:42 02/06/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>Hello all.
>>
>>If this is true, then it's a very bold move.
>>Is it confidence, or desperation?
>
>the release was sent to me (and doubtless others here) a few days ago
>
>is that free accounts, or/and free phone time? Are they going to forego the
>revenue from the 60,000 odd subscribers they have at the moment? Perhaps
>they'll get people to dial into an 0990 number (a "free" internet account
>trick we've seen before), or there's some other catch...
>[oh, and as this is my second post probably time to say hello everyone]

Mike Butcher, Editor, New Media Age,
(+44) 171 9704812 http://www.nma.co.uk